The best practices for renewing and exiting sponsorship agreements
the conditions that enable partners to generate value and to maintain a good relationship aren’t that well understood. Furthermore, when a brand exits a sponsorship, it is often ill equipped to do it properly, which can make the situation even more awkward.
Renewing and exiting sponsorships are topics that—despite their huge importance—don’t tend to be well covered and for which there are few resources. That’s why we decided to devote our attention to the subject in this edition.
We will cover exiting a sponsorship at contract renewal time, or when a scandal strikes, the impact of a sponsor exit on fans, and the relationship between the sponsor and the property—a subject rarely touched upon, but which has significant consequences on the success of the partnership. We will also supply data that sheds light on these aspects of the sponsorship industry.
- WHY YOUR SPONSORS ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSETS
- TENNIS CANADA AND ITS PARTNERS: A LOVE STORY WE ALL DREAM ABOUT
- THE RIGHT REFLEXES AT CONTRACT RENEWAL TIME
EXITING A SPONSORSHIP
- HOW TO EXIT A SPONSORSHIP
- THE CONSEQUENCES OF CHANGING SPONSORS
- HOW FANS RESPOND TO SPONSORS CUTTING TIES WITH PROPERTIES
- ENDORSEMENT: HOW TO REACT TO A SCANDAL
- THE ART OF HANDLING A SCANDAL: FIVE CASES AND MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS
The Elevent Team
Download our whitepaper now!